SonarWatch Monthly update 02.22
Tiny improvements, hiring, collaborations, PRO plan, February has been focused on preparing 2022 and the future, here is why.
👷♀️ WE’RE HIRING 👷♂️
SonarWatch is looking for developers!
In order to reach the challenging goals we have for 2022 and 2023 we need more smart minds in the team!
If you are :
- Comfortable with Node.js and REST APIs (or eager to learn!)
- Seeking for a new project to join on Solana ecosystem (full or part time)
- Preferred : In European time zones (UTC ± 3)
Come join us : email@example.com
If you know a backend developer looking for a job please share this massively as well!
As usual, every month comes with his lot of integrations to keep the pace with news protocols. This month was a bit less active than the last one but for a few good reasons (keep reading to know why!) :
- Quarry Protocol : one of the major protocols on Solana that SonarWatch was not fully covering is now supported!
- Socean : Thanks to their team we were able to fastly integrate their streams system which is now fully live.
- Isolated Pools & C Tokens(Solend) : with their freshly new products we had to quickly support this new type of lending assets proposed by Solend (Invictus, Step, Bonfida).
- Parrot Stability Pools : we were missing the stability part of Parrot protocols, which is now supported.
- Solana Name Services : this was a big missing piece on SonarWatch but you can now track a wallet simply by typing the Sol domain, here is a quick video example :
🥈Second, automations & tiny upgrades🤖
As a tracking protocol, it all comes down to what you can automate to save a huge amount of time in the long run.
Until few weeks ago, a lot of work was manually done like the following tasks:
- Adding Orca farms
- Adding Raydium permission-less pools and farms
- Adding Tulip farms
Now each of these tasks are automated based on one key trigger : adding the token(s) of those farms/pools. Each time a new token (not yet tracked by SonarWatch) is being used on one protocol, we are notified and can quickly support it. As soon as the token is supported, all pools & farms using this token from all protocols are automatically supported.
This was a big amount of work but it will save us a huge amount of time in the future. Allowing the team to be more flexible and to quickly respond when a new pool or farm is released.
Here we also explain why it’s important :
We also made some upgrades on the UI/UX focused on the search bar along with the integration of .sol domains. Now the search bar is much more fluid and you can easily find the token you’re looking for!
🥉Third, events and collaborations 🤝
This months was very interesting on the collaboration side with some projects helping us put some light on SonarWatch, to name a few :
- Jupiter linked our Serum tool to recover the rent on Serum Accounts
- Pentacle.ai added SonarWatch to the list of dashboards on DeFi
After the success of the Mysteria Event we also encouraged our users to participate in the second round of their event :
Thanks to Serum trust, we were also part of the jury for the Convergence Hackathon run by Wormhole and Serum, it was quite exciting to see all those new projects building on top of two of the biggest protocols in the eco!
And lastly, we also had a nice discussion with a French speaking streamer to talk about the project, DeFi and other topics around the blockchain sphere.
Finally, PRO discussions 💬
We ran a poll in our discord regarding the PRO plan on how to make it better for our users. We first asked to all our users if we should change the amount of tokens needed to enable PRO
The result was clear : we should keep the current amount as it is and a lot of users gave their opinion on this point, here is some bullet points from those discussions :
- The first users to have bought the PRO will have to purchase more tokens but for no real change on the tool.
- The focus should be first on the content of PRO plan instead of the “cost” of it.
- The PRO cost will be driven by the token price which should be driven by the functionalities behind it. A virtuous cycle.
As a results, we wanted to keep the discussion open with a dedicated space for or PRO users and we’ve created a specific channel on our Discord
This channel will be used to discuss with our PRO users to find what they see best as a new PRO feature. Join us in Discord if you are one of them!
Thank you as always for you support 💜and see you on the platform!